Friday, January 3, 2014

HOMECOMING SET REVIEW



                                                           


Hello everyone!

Today I'm reviewing the first Store set of 2014! I hope you all had great New Year and a fabMOOlous Christmas! The set, Homecoming was released yesterday (2.1.14) I'm pretty excited to show you all the things! I hope you enjoy the rest of my review. Cheers!



For the first time ever, there are accessories included with this set and a whole lot of colourful dresses for teens! You read that right, there are stuff for teens too! This set has 42 items with a lot of CAS assets. When I first viewed this set, there were just explosions of pretty colours and I was shocked to see that there were new accessories and they look so much different than the EP's accesories. The original price of this set is 1,900 SimPoints. It's on sale right now (1700 SimPoints) so grab it before the sale ends! As there are only CAS assets and no Buy/Build objects, I'm not dividing this review into different parts.

Most of the sets have less teen CAS assets. I'm happy that this set contains outfits and accessories for teens. There are also new shoes, which I find amazing. Also, the dresses are stunning! You can recolour it in any way you want. You can also recolour the stones and pretty much everything. It's good that the Store added the same assets for teen and young adult but I wanted it to be like this: same outfits for teens and adults + a few different and separate accessories or outfits for teens and adults as both of the age groups have different lifestyle and choice.

There's a T-shirt tuxedo for male which I find a bit funny but it's a great shirt for teens. There are athletic wear, the jerseys which have the same colour (black) for both male and female. To say the truth, I didn't like the colour but there's always an option - recolour!

Also, there are three outfits for teens and they are school uniforms! I think it was creative to add that. Now my Sims can go to school wearing their new school unform (yay!) Almost all of the outfits are set for Formal and Everyday. As you know, most of the outfits for female Sims are dresses. It would look kind of odd if they wear a prom dress as their Everyday wear but there are some dresses suitable for Everyday wear. I found that the jerseys can be enabled for Athletic and Sleepwear.

My favorite female dress is the Ravishing Roses dress! This dress have several colour channels and you can add different texture to it.

CAS ASSETS (TEENS, YOUNG ADULT AND ADULT)

ADULT

Gorgeously Gathered Dress



Bring on the Bling Dress



Hi-low Sparkle Dress

Sheer Beauty Dress

Love and Lace Dress

Ravishing Roses Dress

Double Layered Rhinestone Dress


Ruffles! Dress

Inevitable Pain High Heels

U-Strap High Heels

High Heel with Stone Accent


Pentuple Earrings

One Stone to Rule Them All Necklace


Seven Stones of Wonder Necklace


Rose Corsage



 Go! Fight! Win! Jersey





TEENS

Love and Lace Dress



Ruffles! Dress




Bring on the Bling Dress


Sheer Beauty Dress

Hi-Low Sparkle Dress

Ravishing Roses Dress

Double Layered rhinestone Dress


U-Strap High Heels

Inevitable Pain High Heels


High Heel With Stone Accent


Gorgeously Gathered Dress

Pentuple Earrings

Seven Stones of Wonder Necklace


One Stone to Rule Them All Necklace

YOUNG ADULT/ADULT

Go! fight! Win! Jersey






Classic Tuxedo





Terrific Tuxedo




TEENS

Terrific Tuxedo




Classic Tuxedo





T-Shirt Tuxedo





CHILDREN

Prep School Uniform for Girls






Prep School Uniform for Boys







Teacher's Threads





OVERALL THINKING

While most say that the price is expensive, to me the price is fine because there are 42 items in total! Also, they included many accessories which sums it up. The theme of the set is prom and It goes well with Generations! I love the dresses and the tuxedos. I'm glad that the Store added stuff for teens which every simmers wanted. No complaints about the design of the CAS assets because they go very very well with the theme of the set. The fact that you can recolour almost everything just makes me happy and there are jewelry too! The tuxedo T-Shirt just made me laugh a bit, it just looks so strange but a great addition to the set. This set is a great start to 2014, I hope we see bright future on The Sims 3 Store hehe!

Have a great day everyone! I hope the review wasn't too short. Please feel free to comment!!





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links:

Email- tazreen_tasnim@yahoo.com
Twitter-https://twitter.com/tazreentasnim


Instagram-http://instagram.com/tazreeentasnim


No comments:

Post a Comment