Friday, February 7, 2014

PRISM ART STUDIO REVIEW

                                                      

Hi everyone!

I hope you are all fine! It has been a while since I reviewed the last set. I'm happy something new is finally released to The Sims 3 Store! Today I'm doing a review of new venue, The Prism Art Studio. I hope you enjoy the rest of my review!




When the gurus first tweeted a sneak peek of the venue, everyone were puzzled. Every simmers came up with many ideas of what It can be but at last the Store finally revealed what it is! Yep, glass blowing, jewelry and perfume making plus a whole new venue! It seems like we're getting a lot of Katy Perry stuff like ROARing Heights and PRISM Art Studio haha.

This venue is an art studio and was released on February 6th, 2014. There are too many fantastic or should I say glass-tastic things included with this venue like L-shaped stairs! The original price of this set is 1,900 SimPoints (It's on sale until 2/11/14 and sale price is 1,700 SP) Don't forget to grab it quickly before the sale is over! There are 7 Buy/Build mode objects and 2 CAS objects. A brand new premium content comes with this venue.

Yep, I know there are less objects with this set but the premium content does all the work! You can make accessories, glass sculptures, stained glass windows and more! In my opinion, I don't think there are less objects. There are 16 accessories and 11 glass decor things; so that pretty much sums it up. I shall be giving more details of the premium content and how they work. Read my review to find it out! First of all I'm going to show you all how the venue looks like so here you go!

PRISM ART STUDIO




Looks pretty beautiful, Isn't it? This is a 40x40 venue surrounded by three buildings. There's a park in the middle of it. Each building of the venue is focused on different things such as arts,crafts, glass blowing etc. For example, the left building is focused on arts and crafts and you'll find the premium content there. The right side building is like an art gallery. The blue building is a nice place to hangout and socialize. The glass stained windows made the venue look very beautiful. I think It will add a nice touch to homes. I can't wait to see what the community does with all the new crafts and L-shaped stairs! Here are some screenshots I took, hope you enjoy it!










PREMIUM CONTENT

ARTISAN' GLASS BLOWING AND JEWELRY MAKING STATION


For the first time ever, your Sims can create jewelry, perfumes and glass sculptured objects (I may say it 3 in 1!) There are many things you can do with it and I'm really pleased with it. This PC takes up 4x4 tile square. It doesn't take up that space. I'd rather not talk about the Milkin' It Dairy Corral, that huge thing takes up the whole lot! Anyway, you can create accessories and perfumes and give them as a gift! Instead of writing all the names of the things you can create, I'm showing it with a screenshot:


Please note that the Bliss Perfume is not on the screenshot below because that perfume might require higher skill to create.




Oh, and Artisan Skill is included with this set! Yes, a new skill finally! The more you are good at this skill, the chances of making objects will be improved and your sim won't fail at creating them. The animations are quite repeated over and over again.

First, your sim will get a rod and melt glass in the furnace. Second, your sim will take the melted glass and go over the blue, yellow and magenta boxes. Third, your sim will cool down the rod and stand a bit far away. Fourth, your sim will get a torch to make the object look good. There are some stuff going on between these processes, I'm gonna skip it and get to the main part. Last but not the least, your sim will place it in a cooler and finally you will get the object in your inventory.



*Artisan skill will also improve while creating the objects.





Your Sim will also earn some Simoleons.


And these glass-tastic moodlets:

If your Sim fails at making the particular objects then thumbs down.


If your Sim fails at making the particular objects then thumbs up all the way ;-)

PERFUMES

And while I wait I put on my perfumeeee oops sorry guys! There are 5 different perfumes and each of them will give different feeling to your Sim. They are NOT enabled in Buy/Build mode. The perfumes are: 

  • WooHoo Panther Perfume
  • Vanity Perfume
  • Once Forgotten Perfume
  • Amour Perfume
  • Bliss Perfume
Here's my Sim trying out his perfume and that is the WooHoo Panther Perfume. Just wait what happens!



WooHoo Panther Perfume- Yep, your Sim will throw up uncontrollably after they whiff up some of this stuff. That's why I dislike this perfume!

This is the moodlet:

Vanity Perfume- This will make your Sims more sociable
 Once Forgotten Perfume- I personally love this one. If your Sim experience sorrows from someone's death, this perfume will remove that moodlet and your Sim will be back to normal again

Amour Perfume- If your Sims use this perfume, other Sims will be attracted to your Sim


Bliss Perfume- This perfume will make your Sim happy and cheerful.


 JEWELRY


Not enabled for Buy/Build mode. When your Sim makes the jewelry, this will go directly into his/hers inventory but If you place it somewhere else (like I placed it in an end table) the jewelry will be placed in a glass box. There are only 3 jewelries that can be worn by both male and female.

CAS

The CAS assets are pretty much nice. They fit well with the theme. Although It's less, I don't mind. You don't want to see an outfit made up of glass, do you? (Hey, that would have been pretty cool *hint* *hint Store) There are two outfits total and they are work outfits. The rest of all are accessories. Keep in mind that accessories will always appear in CAS, you don't have to create them with the jewelry making machine to make it appear in CAS. I don't like the necklace with the circle thing. Except that, everything looks okay. I wished to see some hairstyles too (made of glass *hint* *hint Store lol just kidding;))

Some of the accessories goes well with the dresses from the Homecoming set!


















BUY/BUILD MODE OBJECTS

This time the Buy/Build mode objects really impressed me. I give 5 stars to the L-shaped stairs. Can't wait to see what the builders in this community do with it! I love the long time anticipated mannequin. That is a nice object if you want to create a store. There are some artistic sculptures and other things that goes well with the Art Studio. I love the new easel that comes with the venue, looks colourful, pretty and creative. My favorite are the glass decors. Every one of those objects are constructed perfectly and I don't have any complaints for that.  Bravo! The gnomes and the glass divider is my favorite!

The Dragon Egg is so cute too! At first I thought It was real!



























OVERALL THINKING

I would have liked the price to be atleast 1,500 SP because most of the items came with the premium content. There were only a few main items. The accessories and all the glass decor things sums it up somehow. However, I'm really happy the price is below 2000 SP!! I was scared of the price at first. The venue is very nice. One side focuses on arts & crafts and the other side on decorations! It was clever of the Store team to put them up separately. Putting all the arts, crafts and decorations in one place would have been a buzz. The new premium content is great! I mean you can create 3 things in it! So, no complaints here. The Buy/Build mode objects are just decor. I'm pleased with it because of the glass stained windows and L-shaped stairs (the glass decor have great details.) The accessories are great as well, goes well with the previous sets! There are several things in this set from Glass blowing to perfume making to jewelry making plus L-shaped stairs and a new skill! I give this set- 8/10 . Once again the Store have outdone themselves!

Thank you guys for reading my review! Feel free to comment and have a mootastic day!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Links:

Email- tazreen_tasnim@yahoo.com
Twitter-https://twitter.com/tazreentasnim
Instagram-http://instagram.com/tazreeentasnim

No comments:

Post a Comment