Monday, August 11, 2014

LAST VENUE OF AMORE REVIEW


Hello everyone!

I hope you're all fine. As always a new venue released at The Sims 3 Store on 7th August, 2014. The venue was on sale for 1,700 SimPoints a few days ago. Now It's available for 1,900 SimPoints and it's the last *cries* Store set. I hope you enjoy the rest of my review!


The Store team confirmed that the Last Venue of Amore is the last Store set for The Sims 3 Store. It's sad to see that day by day, The Sims 3 is drifting away as The Sims 4 is getting closer. However, I'm happy that the Store team ended the Store with a beautiful venue! The venue is a beautiful new lot and the objects that comes with it really have that beautiful touch.

I'm dividing this review into some parts so that it'll be easier to read


  • The Venue
  • Gondola of The Sinking City Premium Content
  • Bridge
  • Buy/Build mode objects
  • Overall thinking
THE VENUE




The Last Venue of Amore is a 64x64 (yes, It's huge!) with many buildings! THe building in the middle is a cathedral and you can use it for weddings. You can see some buildings surrounding the cathedral. There isn't nothing much inside those buildings but you can decorate it if you want to. Starting from the left, there's a nice room for sitting and if you go through the passage, you will see a bedroom and you can find a couch and a TV upstairs. Then after crossing the bridge you'll see some rooms with old wallpapers which are my favourite! Just like that, you'll see many rooms like this as your Sim pass by. Here are some screenshots:













 So this is the exterior part of the venue and in the last three pictures you can easily see what the venue looks like and what's in there. Here are the pictures of interior:







































I think the Store focused on the exterior this time. I love how the venue looks from outside and be sure to place it in Monte Vista! It really looks gorgeous when the sky has that orange tint. It is relaxing to see when the gondola passes by (YES! There are gondolas!) There's a relaxing place for eating and chilling outside and it is truly a relaxing scene. There's nothing much inside the rooms so you could add something extra but It's all about the outside this time and the gondola, of course! There are bridges built over the canals and it looks like a film, oh my!

GONDOLA OF THE SINKING CITY PREMIUM CONTENT


Included with the new venue is a premium content called the Gondola of The Sinking City. For the first time ever your Sims can ride a gondola! The content is not sold individually so you need to buy it with the set. The gondola can be used by child, teen, young adult, adult and elders. I'm glad children can ride the gondola too. Keep in mind that in order to use the gondola, you have to place it in canals, you have to connect them. If you don't do, you'll get this message:


You have seen that in the past few sets, we would have to connect the tent pieces together to make a tent. The same happens here but this time they are canals and to be honest, they are easier to connect than the tent pieces. Here are all the canals:



Corner Canal


 Cross Canal


 Entrance to the Canal


Straight Canal

T- Junction Canal


You would have to place the gondola on a canal entrance first to make it work. Here are some tips: First place the Entrance Canal, straight canal, corner canal and so on. After your Sim rides the gondola, it will return to the place it started. Only two Sims can sit on the gondola. Here are the interactions available with the gondola:


So I'm starting with "Give Ride to" first. Here, your Sim will give ride to the selected Sim just like here shown below:


While your Sim rides, your Sim will react to the ride in different ways. Some will look around and point, others will look surprised as shown below:






Whoops, please forget the cow there!

Your Sim can also test the canal and see If It's ready to use:


If your Sims are close enough with each other and if they have a higher relationship, the following options will be available:


In order to enable these options, make sure they have a higher relationship (up to Romantic Interest will be okay)

So, this is how WooHoo looks like on the gondola


if you click the WooHoo, cuddle or make out options, It would take a while for the gondola to stop. I don't know If you're experiencing this but It takes way TOO long for my gondola to stop. Please let me know on the comments if you're experiencing this problem too.

After the ride, relationship will improve and you'll get this moodlet:



Another thing I want to point out is that your Sims won't get on the gondola by themselves. They will pop in there just like how they get in the car. I wish they got there by themselves. 

NEW BRIDGE


Now you can build bridges in The Sims 3! In order to make the bridge, you would have to place stairs and attach the bridge to the stairs. There's also a piece that works as an extender. Here's a bridge I built to show you all:

I know It didn't go as well as I planned. You can add the foundation If you want to. It's your wish.

BUY/BUILD MODE OBJECTS
There are new buy/build mode objects with this set and I must say, they are really amazing. The new cathedral window is my favourite so far, the detail is just beyond amazing! It would be nice to use them at weddings! I love that big windows with ivy around it. It would go nice with almost everything. The door is one of my favourite objects too. I adore the design on the upper part and that curve shape is pretty too! There's also a new fountain too which looks quite dull but that's just my opinion. The bridge was a great addition to the set and I'm glad they added it. The thing I liked the most are the wallpapers! They are SO nice! I like the 'old' and 'rustic' style of them. They neither look dull nor too old. The wallpapers are a plus point to this venue! Below are the pictures of all the buy/build mode stuff:































 
OVERALL THINKING

To combine all the stuff together, first let me talk about the venue. I have no words to say about the venue. It is a beautiful lot with no errors. I don't like the interior that much but I am in love with the exterior. It's nice to see sims riding the gondola and pass by every buildings; it reminds me of Venice! The premium content goes along well with this venue. The Store added new animations to it like when the Sim is sitting on the gondola, your Sims will react to it. I hate that it takes a long time for it to stop after clicking the WooHoo option. I'm unsure if that happens to everyone who own the venue. I wish the gondola could roam around freely with no canals but I understand It would take a lot of coding to make it work like that so that's fine. I have no complaints about the Buy/Build mode objects. They are stunning and they go very well with the set. Are you unsure whether you want to buy the set or not? Here are some questions I want to ask: Do you want new wallpapers in your game? What do you think of bridges and gondolas in your game? Do you want different types of windows in your game? But that's just me helping you decide :-) 

I hope you all enjoyed reading my review. I can't believe this is my last review of TS3 Store. It has been an amazing experience and I can never forget this!

If you liked my review, you can recommend of comment if you want. Have a great day all
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links:

Email- tazreen_tasnim@yahoo.com
Twitter-https://twitter.com/tazreentasnim
Instagram-http://instagram.com/tazreeentasnim



No comments:

Post a Comment