Friday, February 19, 2016

THE SIMS 4 ROMANTIC GARDEN STUFF PACK REVIEW



Hello all! Welcome to my review of The Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, the 6th Stuff Pack for The Sims 4! You heard it right! It's not the 100th SP, 6th to be exact. Well, I hope you all enjoy the rest of my review!

I'm dividing this review into a few sections:


  • Introduction and thoughts
  • New Gameplay - Whispering Wishing Well
  • Buy and Build Mode
  • CAS 
  • Overall thoughts

INTRODUCTION AND THOUGHTS


Romantic Garden, just like Movie Hangout Stuff is overflowing with all kind of pretty things! The objects are so colourful that you can't take your eyes off them. What I enjoyed about this pack is It's not gaudy or overbright. There are innumerable decor items with tons of colour options and also a number of moss-covered statues which would be a suitable addition to every garden you create! When I watched the trailer for the first time, my dream was to have a Victorian themed garden in my game filled with bright, colourful and vivid flowers just like THIS!




You can get a similar looking arch with ivy wrapped around it. I don't know about you but compared to The Sims 3, the plants in The Sims 4 are much more bright and colourful. I always used to think there's not enough objects or colouring options to make a beautiful garden in TS4 but Romantic Garden comes with not only plants but a huge water fountain, wishing well, ivy-wrapped arches, statues etc! However, the female CAS assets disappointed me a bit than the male items. There seems to be some CAS items for children and THANK PLUMBOB THEY HAVE NOT BEEN IGNORED THIS TIME!

Special guest: Yogi Bear's experience
*roars* Hello my furry bears...er.. I mean humans! First and foremost, I'd like to thank my BFF, Taz to allow me to share my thoughts! The thing is I've been living in Granite Falls and in the dense forest throughout the year so the sight of pretty plants and trees are quite common to me! I married Candy Behr (now "Bear") recently and she dragged my away from Granite Falls (Whooo boy, what a pain.) Okay friends, enough of my life story. I want to share my drastic stories first: I asked for some Simoleons for my honeymoon from the Wishing Well and WHAT DID IT DO?! Hmmpph, as always he scared the fur out of me!



Hey, but as It's "Romantic" Garden, nothing could stop me from my honeymoon with Candy Bear. Sadly, I didn't have enough simoleons for the honeymoon so why not visit the Lost Gardens of Healing Park? Luckily, Candy didn't get too angry about my lack of funds so I dragged her along to the park. We had a great time playing in the fountain and I TRIED MY BEST TO PREVENT MYSELF FROM ROARING! Don't I deserve an award, bruh?



Candy went shopping and got a new floral skirt and I was a BEAR IN LOVE! Gotta say my friends, It's hard to find such a park in Granite Falls. Candy was barely...um..BEARLY upset with me and the evening turned out to be pleasant. Excuse me, friends but now I need to unleash my true self and go back to Granite Falls! 


*psstt* Don't tell Candy that I'm roaring at the neighbors again!

NEW GAMEPLAY - WHISPERING WISHING WELL



The wishing well is really similar to the one from The Sims 3 Store (minus the design and the frogs, eeekk!) Now, the real part of the wishing well is there are different outcomes! Some can be positive, overwhelmingly positive, negative, overwhelmingly negative, neutral and so on. Death can also occur by the wishing well. If you have ghost bears...I mean ghost Sims, they can wish to come to life again! I find this process easier because If you type "testingcheats true" and click on the wishing well, there will be some options



To bring back my ghost Sim to life, I clicked the normal "positive" option and what did the wishing well do? It'll provide you the ingredients (angel fish) to create an ambrosia which might take some effort If you're a LAZY SIMMER LIKE ME! To make things easier, I clicked the overwhelmingly positive options and things worked like a charm! Marcus was brought back to life.



Amazing, Isn't it? Here are some things your Sim can wish for



Don't want to use cheats? Well, If you want more positive outcomes your Sim can offer the well some Simoleons to change its mind towards a positive outcome. IT'S REALLY NOT FAIR BECAUSE ALL IT WANTS IS MONEY! Children can wish for good grades but If it takes a wrong turn, your Sim will be graded D in school, yikes! The worst outcome I've seen so far is when my Sim wished for a child





HE WAS IMMEDIATELY GRANTED WITH A SPOILED BRAT! This is why you need to be careful when making a wish but this is OUTRAGEOUS! Anyhow, I enjoy the negative outcomes and It makes me a mean Simmer, oops!

Want to know what the colour of the old dude....I mean the wishing well is? It represents the outcome that your Sim received. The first one with a silver one represents an overwhelmingly positive outcome, the second one represents DEATH! Gotta say, that face scared me at first glance. The third one represents overwhelmingly negative outcome. The normal (positive and negative) outcomes have a less strong glow in them.



BUT WHY IS HE' EATING THE PLUMBOB?!



BUY AND BUILD MODE

Alriiiiiight, this is where the main action is! If you want me to describe Romantic Garden in four words - THE COLOURS DRIVE ME CRAZY! (In a good way) Although, there are only a few flowers in Build mode, most of them are focused on the decor side like vases, arches and statues. I think It's EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to explain all the details and colours in this pack. I mean JUST LOOK AT THIS!! See the statue and the fountain-like objects? They're some of my favourite objects in this pack. There's also a wonderful fence with ivy all around it which I loved the most!



Here are some of the objects with this pack. The arch filled with flowers would really look nice in any gardens. Honestly, I was skeptic about the things at first but getting a deeper look at the SP really changed my thoughts. You know, when you want to build a house and always end up creating a box? (Just like me, lel) Adding all these pretty flowers and throwing some bright colours will even spice up a look of a plain, ordinary house. This was my trick when I failed to create a house in TS3 (you know I'm the lazy type.)


Yum! The colours of these doors remind me of cotton candy? Too bad you can't eat them! They are available only for medium size walls and I really like the variety of colours they're available in. Also, notice the Delphinium flowers in the right side? They, too are also available in a wide range of colours.

GUYS, DON'T EXPECT ME TO SAY MORE BECAUSE ALL THESE OBJECTS ARE TOO PERFECT TO DESCRIBE!!!!!



CAS 


Oddly, this time female Sims got less items than male! While some of the items are quite nice and floral for female Sims, I feel like something could've been done with this top. It goes along with the skirt that came with this pack but I wanted to see some floral shirts which would go really with the skirt! Also, the hair you see below is a new hairstyle. I think I'll be using this quite often in my game. The female hairstyles, which we have seen so far with other packs are actually quite nice and It's good to see that we're getting more lovely hairstyles day by day.


I wanted to see something similar to this! Maybe we got a few dresses like the one below but there's only one new shirt. The dresses have little floral touch in them but overall, they're not that bad. Hopefully we get to see such designs in the future!


Now, with the male items! I'm really satisfied with the items for male Sims except for umm.....some EXTREMELY floral outfits! I think It would've been better If the items were exchanged with the ones for female but then again, why would we want our male Sims wearing a dress?! I like the shirt with a scarf wrapped around and also the new hairstyles goes pretty nice with it!


The new pants go really nicely with the top! I have no doubts about the male part of CAS. Usually, I get quite dissatisfied with the male part but It's the other way around this time! But the female CAS assets aren't THAT bad either except for a few things!


DID I MENTION THAT CHILDREN GOT STUFF THIS TIME??! IT'S ABOUT TIME! 

Starting with the female stuff, how can we say that this hairstyle isn't pretty?! I like the bow attached to but sadly, for the lack of CASt the colour of the bow can only be changed if you change the hair colour


I can see myself using this dress very often. I really adore the blue vest and the floral print goes well with the theme of the pack. I wish we got something similar for the adult Sims! There are numerous colour options for both of the dresses which I liked.



I feel like that the variety in Movie Hangout Stuff and Romantic Garden is remarkable. The CAS assets of Movie Hangout Stuff also had many colour options. I hope we continue getting more choices in future packs too

OVERALL THINKING

To sum things up, I feel that the Stuff Pack has to be my second favourite after Spooky Stuff. Furthermore, there are some things which I consider Important to have such as the Wishing Well! If your Sim died recently, the Wishing Well can bring him/her back to life within a short period of time (If you're a lazy person like me, of course) Sometimes using cheats make it easier (If used on the Wishing Well) such as getting your Sims at the top of their class, making friends or excel in some skills! Apart from that, If you want to mess with your Sims, you know what to do! *cackles profusely* I refuse to say anything more about the Buy/Build Mode stuff because I'M TELLING YOU, YOU WON'T HAVE THE CHANCE TO GET ANYTHING MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THE PRETTY FLOWERS IN FUTURE STUFF PACKS! Yes, I had to scream. If you're into all the colourful and vivid-looking stuff, I say, go for it. However, I wish we got more beds. Wasn't this a chance to add more beds because It was mainly focused on VALENTINE'S DAY?! If we got the heart-shaped bed as a gameplay content along with the Wishing Well, my whiny mind couldn't have asked for anything more.

Thanks for reading my review all! I hope It helped you make decisions whether to buy this or not. If you enjoyed it, please let me know on Twitter or leave a comment!



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links

Email: tazreen_tasnim@yahoo.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/tazreentasnim
Instagram: https://instagram.com/tazreeentasnim


No comments:

Post a Comment