Monday, September 23, 2013

FIFTH AVENUE FASHIONS + VINEYARD VILLA FURNISHINGS REVIEW




Hey Simmers!

Welcome to another Store review! This time I'm doing a review on 2 different sets. They are completely different from each other. I thought it would be nice to do two reviews in just one post so I hope you enjoy reading it and I hope you like my screenshots too!

So, as you can see the Fifth Avenue Fashions set has CAS assets only and Vineyard Villa Furnishings has buy/build mode objects but no CAS assets.The Vineyard Villa Furnishings is 900 SimPoints and also a part of the October 2011 Compilation. I find it easier to purchase the sets from Compilation. Fifth Avenue Fashions is 1,575 SimPoints and this set is released a few months ago. I don't know the specific date. Maybe it was released in May,2013.I think I should start with Fifth Avenue Fashions set first! I hope you enjoy reading it.



FIFTH AVENUE FASHIONS

You must have watched the famous TV show Mad Men! I love it. I still watch it. What I love about the show is their dress up style and the whole show (of course). The outfits and dresses of this set has an old-ish look but also stylish! There are 26 CAS assets included with this set. It is fully focused on CAS so no buy/build mode objects as I have previously mentioned.There's 2 hairstyles for female sims but no hairstyles for men (sad). Here's a screenshot I want to show you of the female hair. This one is my favorite so far:




This hairstyle has a side bangs which I like and here's a little thing I found out:



Have you noticed that the hair with the bangs is similar to Joan Harris from the show? I find it quite Interesting! And the other hair which you can see below:



This hair looks similar to Betty Draper's hairstyle. I love how the Store team made this set similar to a TV show! There are tons of CAS outfits which is quite similar to the Mad Men's actors/actress dress up. You will see that when I post the pictures of it later.Hmm,so I think there's 50/50 outfits for both male and female Sims but you know what else is missing? The hair for male sims! But I don't think that's a big disappointment. Let me explain it:



You see the picture of the male actors of Mad Men? Their hairstyle are included in the base game too so I don't think it's necessary to include them again in this set plus they look a little bit weird to me haha.

To buy or not buy this set?

1) If you like the elegant and professional look then this set is fine for your Sims

2) No CAS hairs for male Sims

3) Beautiful dresses for female Sims

4) The outfits look a bit dull to me but it looks good if you recolor them or add patterns etc.

5) No outfits for teen are included. I don't think the professional look would suit them so it's fine that they didn't make any outfits for teens

TOTAL SCORE- 10/10

I think I talked a bit too much about Mad Men. I'm stopping here now. Below are some long list of Fifth Avenue Fashions CAS assets. SCROLL FOR THE NEXT REVIEW





































So,this is the end of my Fifth Avenue Fashions Review! The points that you can see above are just my opinions and some ideas about this set

                                          
                                 VINEYARD VILLA FURNISHINGS REVIEW



Welcome to another part of my review! It's a very small set but very pretty!

There are 12 objects included with this set including buy/build mode objects and it's 900 SimPoints as I have previously mentioned.Although there are only 12 objects with this set,I find it quite lovely.Here's an example:


Just an example

Now compare it with my first screenshot of this set. Looks a bit similar?

I like the warm,village-type theme of this set,really brightens up the room.Most of the objects are of wood. I really like this lamp,one of my favorites:




And this picture of course! At first I thought it was a window or something haha



So, this is a very small set with less items so let me say a few opinions of what I think about it!

To buy or not buy this set?

1) Less objects but perfect texture and design

2) Suits well in farming worlds, e.g Monte Vista,Appaloosa Plains

3) Gives a warm feeling

TOTAL SCORE- 9.5/10


BUY/BUILD MODE OBJECTS













Thank you guys for taking the time to read my Review! If by any chance I forgot to take a screenshot of CAS asset or buy/build mode object,please let me know.Feel free to comment and have an amazing day.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links:

Email- tazreen_tasnim@yahoo.com
Twitter-https://twitter.com/tazreentasnim
Instagram-http://instagram.com/tazreeentasnim

No comments:

Post a Comment