Wednesday, October 30, 2013

DRIFTER'S DESIRE + 3 PREMIUM CONTENT REVIEW


Hello Simmers!

I know there hasn't been any new reviews for a month. I was on vacation plus I had a lot of work to do. But I'm back with some spooky content from the Store! Today I'm going to review Drifter's Desire Set + Malleable Mimic Voodoo Doll + The Soothsayers Crystal Ball + Lord Vladimir's Magic Cauldron. A lot,huh? These 3 premium content are my favorites and they give me the Halloween feeling! I wanted to do something Halloween inspired so here it is! I hope you enjoy my review!

This review is divided into four parts.It will be easier for me to explain and you can understand easily.

1) DRIFTER'S DESIRE REVIEW WITH

2) MALLEABLE MIMIC VOODOO DOLL REVIEW

3) THE SOOTHSAYERS CRYSTAL BALL REVIEW

4) LORD VLADIMIR'S MAGIC CAULDRON

So,first I'm starting with the Drifter's Desire set!


DRIFTER'S DESIRE REVIEW



Ah,yes. I wanted to do a review of this set since the beginning! I'm so excited that I finally got the chance to review it! The price of this set is 1,350 SimPoints. There are 4 build mode objects,23 buy mode objects.So,total there are 27 objects with this set.No CAS assets and Premium Content are included.

Everything is bright and bold in this set and is a Fortune Teller/Gypsy themed set.If you have The Sims 3 Supernatural installed,you can decorate your fortune teller sim's house with this set because it fits perfectly.If you love bright colours and want to beautify your Sim's house then i recommend this set.The colour of the objects are so bright that it goes straight to my eyes you know! This set is is an explosion of colour.To be honest,there's an Indian touch in it too!

MY ROOMS DECORATED WITH THIS SET

Here are some rooms i decorated using this set.I know my decorating skill is bad haha.These are just examples.I love the bright colours!









BUY/BUILD MODE OBJECTS

I like the look of this bed.It has a royal touch in it.Not to mention how beautiful those designs are!




I love those chains and cushions all over the sofa,however it doesn't look that much comfy but it does look beautiful.



This window is my favorite! I just love the concept,the design everything! It reminds me of Aladdin for some reason. Who knows if there is a next store world of Moroccan theme,this window would go perfect with it! It also reminds me of India.



This window is nice too. I like the colourful beads! 



Somehow,the one looks a bit tacky to me

I like the vibrant colour of this divider and all those designs. 


This mirror is lovely too! The bow at the top of the mirror is so nice!


I must say this chair is made perfectly! I love the cushion and how they matched the colours. It will look more prettier if you recolour it with the colours of your choice.


Another awesome object,but it looks a bit messy to me. I don't want clothes hanging on my bookshelf!


This dresser is so beautiful. I love the flower they put on there.



Meh,I don't like the design of this fridge. I don't know,it just doesn't look right.


This table is nice as well.



I love this India-type lighting! I don't like the colour of it but you can always change it!

                              

This lamp might look a bit dull from outside but it just brightens the room when you turn it on.


I like this sink. It is a great touch to a rich Sim's house!


But no this stove is umm...not attractive. I don't like this thing attached to the wall.


I love how the Store team added plates and pots on the cabinet! It's a great object to decorate your Sim's kitchen!



Another amazing wall decoration!


Hmm...I don't like this end table.It seems like we have seen it in other Store sets already.


The guitar is cute too! It kinda goes well with Katy Perry Sweet Treats Expansion pack!






The Store team is always up to something colourful! By seeing the Dreams of India,India Inspirations set and Drifter's Desire,I'm amazed! It reminds me so much of India.I remember when i went there like four years ago,the bright and vibrant colour just excites me.Thank you,Store team for this set!

Now to the Premium content,I hope you enjoyed reading my Drifter's Desire review!

MALLEABLE MIMIC VOODOO DOLL


Here's another exciting premium content! Welcome the voodoo doll! This content is awesome to pull pranks on your Sims or If a friend of your Sim is evil,look no further! The price of it is 360 Simpoints (sale price) right now.Sale ends on 11/01/13. The original price of it is 600 SimPoints. It is a part of 4 sets. If you don't want to buy this premium content individually,you can buy it from 4 different sets or compilations,they are also included with them.The name of the 4 sets or compilations are: 1) More Magic! (2,200 SimPoints) 2) January 2012 Compilation (3,500 SimPoints) 3)Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings (2,250 SimPoints) 4) Best of 2012 Compilation (7,200 SimPoints.) I recommend buying the More Magic! one because it has 3 special premium content and the price of it is much cheaper than the other ones.

HOW TO USE IT 

So,first I'm gonna go ahead and click the "Bind to..." interaction


After clicking it,you will see a list of nearest Sims around you. I have chosen David Heath.


David's here! My sim's (who's binding the voodoo doll) name is Ella.


 Ouch! David knows a bit too much,doesn't he? Keep in mind that some Sims might know what you're up to,other Sims aren't that much genius haha.

And.....this happens

I have chosen Clark Heath this time! He's kind of clumsy and absent-minded so he won't do the same as David.

Yay! It's working.

Great,now Clark is bound by the voodoo doll! Your sim has the control over him now.


Simply,go to the inventory,click the voodoo doll and you will see these interactions. I am choosing "Bless" now.


Clark is being blessed! you will see all sort of glittery things all over him.


And this....

Enough of the blessing! Let's curse him wuhaha


Yes,your Sim will stomp the voodoo doll. Ouch,Clark looks afraid!


If you have Supernatural installed,your Sim will turn in to a zombie if you select the curse interaction. Not cool,Ella.

Time for some more mischief! Let's choose "Wet Pants"


Ella is spilling water over the voodoo doll and this will make the bladder level of the bounded Sim low.Clark's face is looking so funny.


Finally,oops.


Now I'm gonna choose "Hot Foot"


You can see that sparks are on his feet! That must have hurt badly!


My favorite interaction is "Pins and Needles" This is one of the special feature of this content


Pinch it,Ella pinch it!

More more!

Argh!! All those yellow things from Clark's mouth is disgusting haha.


Let's choose "Cupid's Arrow" I think Clark suffered enough. Let's call Carbo Heath!


Ella is snuggling the voodoo doll.


This will make the bounded Sim fall in love with the one holding the doll!


THE SOOTHSAYERS CRYSTAL BALL


The Soothsayers crystal ball tells your sim about the future! Sometimes they are correct and sometimes they are incorrect.The price of this set is 600 SimPoints (Sale price is 360 SimPoints  till 11/01/13 While using this set if your sim is a witch, her/his power will be improved. Oh,and there's 4 CAS assets! This content is also a part of the 4 sets/compilations i mentioned before.

CAS ASSETS

I love the CAS assets! I think they go perfectly with the set and i love the hair with the chain.Also the turban!





HOW TO USE IT


So,first I'm gonna try out the "Tell own fortune" interaction.


I love how Sim's stare into it you know! It looks so realistic and more like a real fortuneteller



This is what is predicted. There's a 70% chance of it to become true.


 Haha now to tell a bogus fortune to Carbo Heath!


Yes,the other sim will stare into the crystal ball.


 I must say,this crystal ball gives a lot of amazing advice!


Now,to tell a fortune to Carbo again but not a bogus one.


 "Sigh" Carbo didn't believe it though.Remember that MOST of them might become true!


LORD VLADIMIR'S MAGIC CAULDRON


The magic cauldron is another one of my fave! It is so cool,you can do so much things with it. There are lots of potions you can make such as sleeping potion,hunger potion,vanity potion etc.The price of this content is 600 SimPoints (Sale price is 360 SimPoints and sale ends on 11/01/13) There are 8 potions you can make with this set.I will come to it later.There are no CAS assets

HOW TO USE IT

These are the interactions.


First I have to put some right blend ingredients in it


I put ruby, blood stone and gold there. You can put up to 3 items


Let's see if it makes the potion!


Brewing.. brewing and brewing...


Nope! See that interaction? You need THREE GEMS to make an emotion potion


Ella is searching for gems now!


It makes THREE METALS to make Compulsive Hygene Potion.


And ta da!




HUNGER POTION

Ingredients-Three random food products
Effect-Sim's hunger decreases faster and they want to eat

COMPULSIVE HYGIENE POTION

Three random metals
The Sim wants to clean himself: brush teeth, wash hands etc.

SLEEPING POTION

Three random fishes
Sim's energy decreases and they want to sleep

EMOTION POTION

Three random gems
The Sim wants to romanticaly socialize: hug, kiss, etc.

VANITY POTION

Three random butterflies
The Sim wants to check himself in mirror and change clothes

SPEED READING POTION

Diamond, Gold, Black Goldfish
After drinking this potion, the Sim finishes reading all books in his inventory

TELEPORTATION POTION

Rainbow Butterfly, Lifefruit, Luminorious Gem
After drinking this potion, the Sim rises and may teleport anywhere

SPARKLE POTION

Rainbow Beetle, Rainbow Trout, Rainbow Gem
Sim's hunger, hygiene and fun needs increases 100% and the house cleans itself

The picture is showed was just the process.The information above might help you to make the potions!

I love everything so far! The crystal ball just didn't please me to be honest but i liked all others.The drifter's desire set is nice as well,i love the bright colours.Store team,if you are reading this I just want to thank you all for the amazing drifter's desire set,it is so beautiful that i have no complaints.So,total score- 8/10

Thank you guys for reading this review.You are all amazing.Feel free to leave a comment! I would appreciate your feedback.

Have an amazing day,do what makes you smile!

Links:


Email- tazreen_tasnim@yahoo.com
Twitter-https://twitter.com/tazreentasnim
Instagram-http://instagram.com/tazreeentasnim










No comments:

Post a Comment