Sunday, November 10, 2013

GRANDPA'S GROVE REVIEW



Hey guys!

Welcome to my review of the latest set called Grandpa's Grove! Yep,another farm themed set. Now you can build the farm of your dreams! The original price of this set is 1,900 SimPoints.It's on sale right now (sale price is 1,700 SimPoints) and sale ends on 11/15/13. This venue mostly focuses on gardening skill, farms and more! I hope you enjoy my Review.


I think the Store loves farm themed content! We got the dairy corral,Al Fresco Street Market,Chicken Coop,all those country themed objects and outfits that come with it give the full experience of farming in The Sims 3.I think the dairy corral is the best *laughs*

Oh,and there's a new premium content that comes with this venue- GRANDPA'S GROVE TRACTOR. Yep,tractor! Finally.However,it's not for individual sale yet.If you like the farming theme or not,this tractor is a must! Grab this set while on sale! There are 12 Buy/Build mode objects and 11 CAS assets,so total there are 23 objects.To be honest,I really love the Buy mode objects,they are so lovely as compared to other farming sets' furniture but I expected more objects on Buy mode.Let's begin the tour of the venue!

GRANDPA'S GROVE VENUE

The size of this lot is 64x64 (pretty big,huh?) This venue is a residential lot.I think this is the first residential lot from the Store if i'm not wrong.What impresses me about this venue is that all the tracks are placed in order to make the premium content work.It is kind of tedious to place the tracks.The place is surrounded by beautiful flowers and trees! This venue has 2 bedroom and bathroom.In game,the price of the lot is 179,258 Simoleons! There is one new harvestable-orange trees! They are found in buydebug but not placed. In order to make the tractor work,the tracks must be placed properly.I will be showing you the tracks later.Here are some pictures of the venue:














GRANDPA'S GROVE TRACTOR (PREMIUM CONTENT)



The size of this content is 3x4. This awesome premium content can improve your Sim's gardening skill,give hayrides to Sims,improve crops and more! Here are the different interactions:



And the most important part is make sure you have these tracks in your game:








Say,let's give hayride to Alec and Aliena. (Note:you can only give hayrides to 3 Sims) 




You can also give hayrides to toddlers! Yay!! Thank you Store team



Now let's water the crops.Watering the crops will shoot jets of water around the plants.Your sims don't have to walk around and pour water over them!




Harvesting the crops will suck out all the harvestable crops and put them to your sim's inventory.This gives a green-ish effect all over the place. I love this!





After harvesting this happens haha!



Fertilizing the crops will shoot out compost of the pipes in order to fertilize them.



Only Young Adult,Adult and Elder can operate the tractor.You will see that when your sim is riding the tractor,a moodlet called "Hay Now!" will appear if you drive past a sim who want hayride.I'm glad that this content makes gardening easier and adds a farming touch.Sometimes it gets boring to see Sims hay riding so i fast forward it.I wish Sims could interact with each other while sitting there.

CAS ASSETS

All the assets are enabled for outerwear too.

I like the design of this dress and the scarf,really gives the comfy feeling and I think that skirt goes well with the outfit.



The turtleneck of this outfit is nice but however it looks a bit dull to me.



This dress is pretty.It has both the modern and country look.


RECOLOURS



I don't like this four buttoned sweater.I think i won't be using it that much in game.



This coat looks good by the way! I think it would look good as outerwear too.It might help my Sim to stay warm during winter!


I love this outfit for children and it is enabled for both male and female





I love this pant! All these monster things there are so awesome. I kind of wish there was a freezer bunny one!






This jacket goes well with the pants!






Aaaw! Isn't Bernard looking adorable? I don't like the design of this outfit for toddlers.Looks so old-ish.






It looks like all of them have the same stencils.I might rate this as 'good'





You have seen that most of the outfits are for the winter season instead of country theme.I really needed some outerwear so kudos!

BUY/BUILD MODE OBJECTS

The buy mode objects kind of remind me of The Sims 2 Seasons because Seasons had this type of floral theme in it.I made the recolours of the object in one picture so you don't have to scroll that much.There isn't that much objects and most of them are for living rooms which made me upset.However,the design is okay.

I might use this rug in my game.It doesn't look bad at all!



These frames are my favorite! i like the realistic pictures,flowers and the scenery.


Nope,this end table looks a bit dull to be honest.


This coffee table is okay for country theme.I wish there were more designs.


This armchair is awesome,i love it.It adds a comfy touch to Sims' house.



Same opinion as well.It goes well with the armchair



This bookshelf looks very fancy! I like the photo they put there.


This end table is perfect to place at your Sims' kitchen. I think the 3rd recolor is very pretty!


First of all,I thought this rocking horse was real.Sadly,it is only for decoration.



FINAL THOUGHTS

Well,this venue doesn't come with the orange pre-planted.You need to go on buydebug and all that but you can just go to the grocery store and plant it! I knew that oranges would be included as SimGuruCopeland was tweeting about oranges the whole time haha :P I like the venue and the fact that the tracks are placed just made me happy.I wish some romantic interactions were available with the hayride! That would have been awesome.I must say the Buy/Build mode objects are pretty and comfortable but i hoped for more objects like outdoor objects.And no CAS assets for elders? Isn't the name Grandpa's Grove? Haha.I like the theme of this set and i love farming theme content.You must know I'm a big fan of animals such as...um nevermind! So,the score is- 9/10 The Store never fails to impress me!

Thank you guys for reading my Grandpa's Grove Review! Feedback would be appreciated. Feel free to comment and have an amazing day!




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links:

Email- tazreen_tasnim@yahoo.com
Twitter-https://twitter.com/tazreentasnim
Instagram-http://instagram.com/tazreeentasnim


No comments:

Post a Comment